PHN funds Wesley LifeForce suicide prevention training workshops
As part of Brisbane North PHN’s National Suicide Prevention Trial activity, we have provided funding to Wesley Mission Queensland to deliver suicide prevention training to GPs and general practice staff to increase awareness and skills in identifying and supporting people in distress.
GPs and practice nurses
- comprehensive six-hour Active Learning Module
- gain a greater understanding of risk management, suicide prevention intervention strategies and patient support and management
- demonstrates a strategy to provide assistance to a patient who may be considering suicide, understanding the time constraints of general practice consultations.
This Active Learning Module has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program. Total points 40 Category 1 points.
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards. Completion of this educational activity entitles eligible nurses to claim 6 CPD hours.
GP and practice nurse workshops
9.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Saturday 22 September 2018 - Quest Chermside, 38-40 Playfield Street, Chermside (Register: https://chermsidegp.eventbrite.com.au)
- Saturday 13 October 2018 - North Lakes Hotel Conference Centre, 22 Lakefield Drive, North Lakes (Register: https://northlakesgp.eventbrite.com.au)
- Saturday 24 November 2018 - Ashgrove Golf Club, 863 Waterworks Rd, The Gap (Register: https://thegapgp.eventbrite.com.au)
Practice managers and staff
- two-hour tailored seminar
- build awareness and skill staff to recognise ‘at-risk’ signs and to respond appropriately.
As part of practice accreditation your staff are required to be able to triage patients. This workshop enables you to develop a strategy or protocol to meet the needs of your practice.
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Training for Practice Staff has been allocated 2 (two) AAPM CPD points per 1 (one) hour of education by the Australian Association of Practice Managers Ltd (AAPM).
Practice staff workshops
5.30pm – 8.00pm
- Thursday 20 September 2018 - Quest Chermside, 38-40 Playfield St Chermside (Register: https://chermsideps.eventbrite.com.au)
- Thursday 11 October 2018 - North Lakes Hotel Conference Centre (Register: https://northlakesps.eventbrite.com.au)
- Thursday 22 November - Ashgrove Golf Club, 863 Waterworks Rd, The Gap (Register: https://thegapps.eventbrite.com.au)