My Health Record opt out period commences
The My Health Record opt out period commenced last month and has been met with significant media coverage – much of it focusing on privacy and security concerns, rather than the potential health benefits.
Brisbane North PHN is supporting GPs to answer questions from their patients about My Health Record and to embed system use across healthcare providers.
The three month opt out period for the My Health Record expansion program will run until 15 October 2018.
Our Primary Care Liaison Officers are available to visit health providers in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region to work with staff to ensure the registration and connection process runs smoothly.
During the opt out period, individuals who do not want to have a My Health Record can opt out by:
- going to www.myhealthrecord.gov.au
- calling the help line on 1800 723 471
- contacting their Indigenous Health Service.
My Health Record toolkits distributed to general practices and pharmacies General practices should have recently received a package of consumer materials from the Australian Digital Health Agency, which will be critical in helping to answer patient enquires about My Health Record during the opt out period.
Pharmacy toolkits are also in the process of being distributed. The toolkit includes a range of resources such as posters, brochures, brochure stand, tear off notepads and factsheets, which provide important information about the benefits of a My Health Record, privacy and security, nominated and authorised representatives and the opt out process.
These materials can be now displayed and distributed. For support in ordering additional materials, contact your Brisbane North PHN Primary Care Liaison Officer.
Connect with My Health Record across the region this August
We are also working with our community partners to raise awareness of the benefits of My Health Record amongst their consumers.
Here are some of the locations we will be during August:
- Homeless Reconnect Expo, Redcliffe (2 August 2018)
- Alzheimer’s Queensland Carers Support Groups, Windsor and Redcliffe (2 August 2018)
- Queensland Palliative Care film night, Chermside (7 August 2018)
- Metro North Hospital and Health Service Aged Care Conference, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (8 – 10 August 2018)
- Brisbane North Peer Network, North Lakes and Lutwyche (14 August 2018)
- Brisbane North Carer Support Group, Stafford (23 August 2018)
- Healthy Ageing Expo, Brighton (24 August 2018)
We’ll also be working to provide My Health Record information to those participating in My Health for Life sessions with local allied health providers across the region.
For more information about where to find us talking about My Health Record, contact Brisbane North PHN’s Engagement and Planning team on 07 3630 7300.