Metro North RADAR service now available
A single point of contact for GPs and staff of residential aged care facilities (RACF) is now available to streamline access to Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS) residential outreach services.
The Residential Aged Care District Assessment and Referral (RADAR) Service will help GPs and RACF staff navigate the hospital system and coordinate care for patients living in RACFs who are acutely unwell.
RADAR is a Nurse Navigator led service facilitating access to hospital-based and outreach services including:
- emergency department alternatives
- facilitating hospital admissions
- RACF resident post discharge medication review
- advice for navigating hospital services.
Currently within MNHHS each hospital has developed its own services that provide inpatient and outpatient care to RACF patients. The RADAR Service provides one point of contact to facility-based residential outreach services including:
- Older Persons Acute Assessment Service – Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Geriatric Outreach Assessment Service – The Prince Charles Hospital
- Residential Care Liaison Services – Redcliffe Hospital
- Geriatric Emergency Department Invention Outreach – Caboolture and Kilcoy Hospitals
- specialised outreach care services for various conditions such as palliative care, behaviour management and mental health.
The RADAR Service (phone 1300 072 327) is available between 8.00 am - 4.00 pm weekdays.
Page banner caption: RADAR staff members pictured at the Metro North Health Forum on Tuesday 19 June 2018.