Measles Alert For Brisbane - 25 March 2019
This public health alert has been shared by Brisbane North PHN on behalf of Metro North Public Health Unit.
A case of measles with possible contacts around Brisbane was diagnosed on Friday 22 March. The person with measles was infectious when they visited the following places:
- The Sportsman Hotel, Spring Hill – 8.00 pm -10.30 pm on Friday 15 March
- Ferny Grove train line: Mitchelton to Brisbane Central Station – 1.30 pm on Saturday 16 March
- Fitness First Gymnasium, Elizabeth St, Brisbane – 4.00 pm - 5.30 pm on Sunday 17 March
- Palace Cinemas, James St, Fortitude Valley – 8.30 pm-11.00 pm on Monday 18 March
- Discount Drug Stores, Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley – 10.30 am – 11.30 am on Tuesday 19 March and 10.30 am – 11.30 am on Thursday 21 March
People who may have come into contact with the case at the above facilities on the dates in question need to be alert for symptoms, and those who are uncertain of their immunity to measles are urged to speak to their GP immediately.
Given the large numbers of people potentially exposed, further measles cases could present in Brisbane or elsewhere over the next few weeks.
For further information contact Metro North Public Health Unit on 07 3624 1111.