Expressions of interest sought for a GP representative
Collaboration in Mind (CiM) is a collaboration with the aim of improving health outcomes for adults with severe and complex mental illness living in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region, through collaborative service planning, delivery and evaluation. Expressions of interest are currently being sought for a GP representative to serve on the CiM core group.
CiM has a focus on:
- the needs of adults with severe and complex mental illness
- mental health services in the Brisbane North PHN/Metro North HHS region
- the interconnection between mental health and wider services provided by other sectors and natural supports provided by the community and families
- implementing the actions set out in the severe and complex chapter of Planning for Wellbeing- A regional plan for North Brisbane and Moreton Bay focusing on mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and other drug services 2018-2023.
Criteria for the GP representative:
- currently practising GP with knowledge of general practice
- experience and interest in working with people with severe and complex mental illness
- knowledge of primary health care within the public and private mental health systems
- understanding of the different components of the mental health system, and the broader systems impacting people with severe and persistent mental illness (e.g. housing, employment)
- established links with other GPs in order to have the capacity to represent a range of views
- an interest in improving outcomes for adults with severe and complex mental illness through systemic change.
The role of the GP representative on the CiM core group will be to:
- provide strategic level advice from a GP perspective
- actively participate in and contribute to meetings and related activities
- foster an environment that enables collaboration and innovation to achieve better outcomes for people with severe and complex mental illness.
The GP representative will be remunerated by the PHN at a rate of up to $250 per meeting.
The CiM core group meetings will occur bimonthly with the first meeting scheduled for February 2019. Future meeting dates and times will be determined at this meeting.
To express your interest, please provide a one page letter that addresses the criteria listed above. Expressions of interest should be received by COB Friday 8 February 2019 by email to CiM@brisbanenorthphn.org.au.
For further information please contact Kathy Faulkner, Manager | Partners in Recovery on 07 3630 7352 or via email@example.com.