National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers.
GPs and health professionals have an important role in helping the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to determine whether a person meets the access requirements for the NDIS.
- Download the NDIS Patient Information Booklet (PDF - 3.5MB) - a guide to accessing the NDIS including information about eligibility, access pathways and NDIS form
- Download the NDIS General Practice Toolkit (PDF - 4MB) - a practical guide to the NDIS for general practitioners.
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has developed a series of resources about how the NDIS connects with mainstream services such as mental health, aged care, housing and employment.
- A GPs guide to the NDIS - explains the GPs role in the NDIS, what the NDIS is and the process to apply for the NDIS
- A GP and Allied Health Professional’s guide to the NDIS - explains the GP and Allied Health Professional's role in the NDIS, how to access NDIS, how NDIS and health system fit together, children in the NDIS, examples of patient summaries, billing for NDIS appointments
- Completing the access process for the NDIS: Tips for Communicating about Psychosocial Disability - Explains the link between psychosocial symptoms, functional impact and supports
- NDIS glossary - updated February 2017
- 10 steps to excellent NDIS therapy reports - a guide produced by the Victorian Advocacy League for Individuals with Disability
- Checklist for your NDIS appointment with your GP - a handy four-page checklist and guide for navigating GP appointments
For more resources, including community resources, visit the NDIS Factsheets and publications website page.
In this section
- Aged and Community Care
- Chronic Disease Management
- Closing the Gap
- Digital Health
- Local Positions Vacant
- Medical Assisting
- Mental Health Services
- Multicultural Health
- My Health for Life
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Team Care Coordination