National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers.
GPs and health professionals have an important role in helping the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to determine whether a person meets the access requirements for the NDIS.
- Download the NDIS Patient Information Booklet (PDF - 3.5MB) - a guide to accessing the NDIS including information about eligibility, access pathways and NDIS form
- Download the NDIS General Practice Toolkit (PDF - 4MB) - a practical guide to the NDIS for general practitioners.
- Information for GPs and health professionals - explains the GPs and health professionals role in the NDIS, what the NDIS is and the process to apply for the NDIS
- 10 steps to excellent NDIS therapy reports - a guide produced by the Victorian Advocacy League for Individuals with Disability
- Checklist for your NDIS appointment with your GP - a handy four-page checklist and guide for navigating GP appointments
For more resources, including community resources, visit the NDIS Factsheets and publications website page.