Brisbane MIND4KiDS (0 - 11 years)
Brisbane MIND4KiDS is part of Brisbane North PHN's Brisbane MIND program.
Brisbane MIND4KiDS provides brief psychological intervention to children (up to 11 years of age) and their families. Brisbane MIND4KiDS is designed to support families and children who are considered to be vulnerable and disadvantaged and who otherwise would not have access to psychological support.
Eligibility for Brisbane MIND4KiDS
- a child aged 0-11 years, who has, or is at risk of developing an emotional, behavioural or mental health condition and would benefit from short-term psychological services. (Child does NOT need to have a diagnosis to access this service)
- a parent/guardian must hold a healthcare card or pension card
- a child/parent/guardian lives in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay/Somerset region
- a child has a child treatment plan (or mental health treatment plan) completed by their referring GP.
- developmental and learning disorders (including ASD conditions)
- please note: Brisbane MIND4KiDS cannot provide formal diagnostic assessment services. Children with developmental disorders, learning disorders, or disability are not eligible for referral for the treatment of these conditions.
Referral to Brisbane MIND4KiDS is primarily through a GP. Psychiatrists or paediatricians may also refer.
To allow us to manage the demand for the Brisbane MIND4KiDS program, referrals into the program are capped. These caps are set every six (6) months.
From January to June 2019, the following referral caps apply:
- three (3) caps per GP for the Brisbane City Council region
- three (3) caps per GP for the Moreton Bay South region
- three (3) caps per GP for the Moreton Bay North/Somerset region
Number of Sessions (per referral):
- 1-6 initial sessions
- an additional 1-6 sessions can be approved where applicable
- please note family therapy and parenting skills are able to be delivered under a child’s referral to Brisbane MIND4KiDS, where clinically appropriate.
Brisbane MIND4KiDS Referral Templates
Brisbane MIND4KiDS referral templates can be downloaded below:
Importing instructions for medical software (PDF - 612 KB)
Brisbane MIND4KiDS Providers
The following providers are contracted to deliver Brisbane MIND4KiDS:
- Anita Trendle Psychology (Services provided in Caboolture, including outreach services to Bribie Island, Wamuran, Woodford and Kilcoy)
- All About Kids (Services provided in Nundah, Pine Rivers and surrounds)
- Young Minds (Services provided in Stafford, The Gap, Redcliffe Peninsula and Deception Bay)
Specialist trauma informed service provider:
- Child Aware (Services provided in Strathpine)
Contact the Brisbane MIND Team at Brisbane North PHN
Phone: 07 3630 7339
Fax: 07 3630 7839
In this section
- Aged and Community Care
- Chronic Disease Management
- Closing the Gap
- Digital Health
- Local Positions Vacant
- Medical Assisting
- Mental Health Services
- Multicultural Health
- My Health for Life
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Team Care Coordination