Mental Health Services
The PHN has commissioned an expanded range of mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and other drug treatment services in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region.
Now on the ground in our region, these services are delivered across areas including:
- low intensity mental health services
- youth mental health services
- Brisbane MIND services
- severe and complex mental illness (mental health nursing services)
- psychosocial disability (Partners in Recovery)
- suicide prevention
- alcohol and other drug treatment services
- integrated mental healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
View more information about each area using the links above, or download the PHN-commissioned services magazine 2017-2018 (PDF 3.8MB)
Referring to these services
GPs will be able to access these services for their patients via a new Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool in Best Practice and Medical Director practice software.
- Download the Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool Fact Sheet: Access a greater range of services with Brisbane MIND Plus (PDF - 337KB)
Get support with installing Brisbane MIND Plus
There are two options for installing the Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool:
- Remote installation by our software vendor, Redbourne. Arrange installation by phoning 1800 783 336 or sending an email to email@example.com
- Supported installation via your Primary Care Liaison Officer.
If you are a provider of a Brisbane North PHN commissioned mental health, suicide prevention or alcohol and other drugs treatment service, you will be interacting with our new software platform, RediCASE. Visit our Information for commissioned service providers page for information and resources to support your work.
Recovery: Mental health, alcohol and other drugs news
Recovery is a bi-monthly publication covering the PHN's work across mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and other drugs. It includes updates from the PHN's commissioned services, our engagement work, sector development and reform and lead site activities. View editions of Recovery and subscribe.
Other services and information
1300 MHCALL (1300 64 2255) - Your first point of contact for Metro North Mental Health, providing support, information and referral.
My Mental Health - For information about mental health services in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region.
Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) - This service at Children’s Health Queensland specialises in helping infants, children and young people up to the age of 18 years who have complex mental health needs.
Vision for stepped care becomes clearer
Following consultation with consumers, carers and service providers, Brisbane North PHN has released an updated video and factsheet explaining our vision for stepped care.
In this section
- Aged and Community Care
- Chronic Disease Management
- Closing the Gap
- Digital Health
- Local Positions Vacant
- Medical Assisting
- Mental Health Services
- Multicultural Health
- My Health for Life
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Team Care Coordination