Through our innovative programs, our communities benefit from greater coordination, better systems, and improved access to care.
Our team of Primary Care Liaison Officers (PCLOs) are available to provide direct support to general practices across the following areas:
- accreditation planning – helping general practices undertaking accreditation for the first time, or those undergoing re-accreditation
- policies, procedures and staff training - supporting with vaccine management, sterilisation and infection control, risk management, workplace health and safety and practice induction
- continuous quality improvement activities - including support with the PIP QI Incentive
- chronic disease management - providing information and resources on how to support your patients with chronic disease management
- MBS item numbers and updates
- digital health – working with the Australian Digital Health Agency to support the My Health Record expansion and embed use and awareness across healthcare providers
- eReferral templates – assisting you to send and receive sensitive or confidential documents electronically via secure messaging by installing hospital templates
- health data project – using clinical tools to drive quality improvement activities within your practice
- HealthPathways - assisting you to find local services and referral information for a range of clinical conditions via HealthPathways
- education and training - keeping you informed of local events by the PHN and our partners
- PHN programs - providing updated information about local initiatives funded by the PHN
- advertising local positions vacant - listing your vacancies via our website.
- Frequently used desktop guide to item numbers for general practice (PDF - 401KB)
- New Practitioner Induction Kit (PDF)
- A GP's guide to Brisbane North PHN - 2018/19 (PDF - 3.1MB)
- Fact sheet for general practice: Practice Incentives Program (PIP) Quality Improvement (QI)
Programs and services
Brisbane North PHN offers a range of programs and services for general practice, allied health professionals and pharmacists to both enhance the quality and timeliness of care provided to patients, as well as build capacity within your business to provide quality care.
- Aged and Community Care
- Closing the Gap
- Digital Health
- Local Positions Vacant
- Medical Assisting
- Mental Health Services
- Multicultural Health
- My Health for Life
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Team Care Coordination
Looking for local health, community or hospital-based services in your region? Our Service Navigator helpline assists health professionals with advice and information about health and community services available in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region.
Phone our Service Navigator helpline – 1800 250 502.