We support clinicians and communities in Brisbane’s northern suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council and parts of Somerset Regional Council. Our region covers approximately 4,100 km2 of urban, regional and rural areas, with a population of over one million.
We are one of 31 Primary Health Networks across Australia. Our key objectives are:
- to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for patients; particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes
- to improve coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
We achieve these outcomes by:
- understanding the health care needs of our community through analysis and planning, helping to identify and address service gaps
- providing practice support services so that GPs are better placed to provide care to patients, keeping them healthy and out of hospital
- supporting general practices in attaining the highest standards in safety
- assisting general practices in understanding and making meaningful use of eHealth systems
- working with other funders to purchase or commission health services for local groups most in need, including patients with complex chronic conditions or mental illness.
Our vision is a community where good health is available to everyone.
Our strategic goals
The Brisbane North PHN 2016-2019 Strategic Plan (PDF - 93KB) outlines three key goals. By working with others, we will:
- direct resources to best meet health and community care needs for our region
- achieve a health and community care system responsive to consumer need
- re-orient the health system toward care in our community.
In all that we do, we are:
- community focused, through strong and productive relationships
- embracing diversity and striving for equity
- demonstrating passion to innovate and achieve outcomes
- acting with integrity and accountability to our community.
Who is Brisbane North PHN?
What is primary healthcare?
Reports and plans
View our Reports and Plans website page to see our activity plans, annual reports, health needs assessments and regional plans for health priorities.
- View the Brisbane North PHN Reconciliation Statement of Intent (PDF - 122KB).