GPs with Special Interest – positions available
In 2018, Metro North HHS is expanding new models of care. Under the guidance of a Specialist, a range of innovative service delivery models can be delivered to patients in a safe, more timely and cost-effective manner in an outpatient setting. All GP with Special Interest (GPwSI) positions will be temporary part-time for up to 15 months.
For any questions or further information please refer to advertisement or email MNGPLO@health.qld.gov.au. Alternatively, phone the Project Team on 07 3646 6826.
Current GP with Special Interest positions
- management of new and review patients with diabetes
- online professional development provided as part of this position
- management or new and review orthopaedic patients, both pre and post-operative and facilitation into primary care
- management of new and review patients requiring invasive contraception devices (pre-requisite training in invasive contraception devices required)
- work in conjunction with the Obstetric Medicine, Obstetric, Midwifery Diabetes team
- 2 positions – each 16 hours per fortnight
- Management of new and review gastro and hepatology (liver) patients through the addition of two new clinics
- Management of new and review patients that may require diagnostic procedures, and post-procedure discharge planning.
- Management of new patients following initial seizure, their assessment and once stable assisting in transfer of patients back to primary care
Each model will be developed by the specialty department involved and the model will vary depending on the perceived need and clinic logistics such as location, rooms available etc.
This represents a unique opportunity for GPs to upskill and take a greater role in areas that they have a demonstrated interest.
Recruitment to these new innovative positions will be commencing over the coming weeks, and will be advertised through the smartjobs website https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Location: Brisbane – North
Occupational Group: Health- Medical
Department: Queensland Health