Dr Anita Green re-elected for another term as Board Chair
Highly regarded general practitioner Dr Anita Green will continue in her role as Brisbane North PHN’s Board Chair, following the company’s 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and subsequent Board meeting earlier this month.
A long-serving member of the Board, Dr Green has 30 years’ experience in both the primary care sector as a general practitioner and in the tertiary care sector with Queensland Health. In 2014, she was appointed Chief Medical Officer for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Brisbane North PHN Chief Executive Abbe Anderson congratulated Dr Green on her re-election as Chair, saying the organisation would benefit enormously from her ongoing stewardship.
“The PHN has gone from strength to strength since its creation two and a half years ago, and throughout this period Dr Anita Green has given generously of her time and energy to ensure the organisation’s success,” Ms Anderson said.
“Dr Green’s membership of our Board pre-dates the PHN by many years. She was previously a director of the Brisbane North Division of General Practice (GPpartners) for eight years and was Chair of that organisation during the transition to the Medicare Local,” she said.
Among other outcomes from the AGM, held in Lutwyche on 15 November 2017, the members re-appointed Mr Brendan Hulcombe to the Board for a further three years and new Board member Ms Kathy Campbell was also appointed for a three year term.
Mr Hulcombe is the CEO of national property valuation firm Herron Todd White, with 750 staff across 64 offices, and in 2007 was named Australian Financial Review Boss Magazine’s ‘Young Executive of the Year’.
Ms Campbell is a qualified accountant and has held executive roles in healthcare for over 15 years including with public and private providers, clinical/research alliances, consulting firms and vendors in Australia and Canada.
At a Board meeting on 22 November 2017, the following Board members were elected as Office Bearers for a one-year term:
- Board Chair – Dr Anita Green
- Deputy Board Chair – Dr Trish Baker
- Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee (FARM) Chair – Mr Mark Henley
- Governance Committee Chair – Mr Stan Macionis
Dr Trish Baker and Ms Kathy Campbell will join Mr Henley on the FARM Committee, while Ms Karen Quaile and Mr Brendon Hulcombe will support Mr Macionis on the Governance Committee.
In this section
- Latest News
- $23.5m to continue vital mental health reform
- Applications close this Monday for the 2018 Commonwealth Games Medical Program
- After hours campaign provides emergency alternatives
- COPD project continues to roll out in 2018
- Expression of interest - Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Clinical Governance Reference Group
- GPs and pharmacists invited to complete My Health Record awareness survey
- GPs can access a Statement of Choices from the Health Provider Portal
- New Health Provider Portal gives GPs access to patient records
- On-call medical support for aged care facilities
- Palliative care resources launched for GPs in North Brisbane and Moreton Bay
- Parenting program aims to outshine postnatal depression and anxiety
- Peaks take a stand on marriage equality
- Primary health budget measures welcomed
- Public Consultation: Infant Pneumococcal Vaccination Schedule Recommendations
- Review of health priorities
- Screening tests for patients of Gap Free Smile dental practice, Carina
- Brisbane River contamination event
- Brisbane North PHN farewells Board Chair
- Measles alert for Brisbane and Gold Coast areas
- Jeff Cheverton Memorial Scholarship 2018
- Doctor Dad joins Medical Mums immunisation campaign
- Dr Anita Green re-elected for another term as Board Chair
- Health Alliance to bridge primary care and hospital gap
- Metro North Health Forum: Talking 'bout a revolution, or evolution
- Inaugural GP breakfast – great success
- New five year healthcare plan for older people
- NewAccess launched by beyondblue
- Home exercise cuts healthcare need among elderly
- Funding boost for local drug treatment services
- Community control remains key to closing the gap
- New Chief Executive for Metro North HHS
- GPs flock to the PHN's first NDIS event
- Surveys reveal high praise for GOAS project
- Health Alerts
- Media Releases
- Metro North Health Forum