Palliative care resources for GPs
In 2016, Brisbane North PHN commissioned the Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education (CPCRE) to undertake a community palliative care education program.
As part of this work, resources were developed to support local GPs to access palliative care support for their patients:
- North Brisbane Palliative Care Support Pathways – v1.0 February 2017 (PDF - 10MB)
- Palliative Care Toolbox and System Checklist for General Practice - v2.0 (PDF - 349KB)
These resources will be incorporated into HealthPathways in the near future and will be updated by the PHN. Please advise us or any errors or omissions by email to email@example.com.
Paediatric Palliative Care
For information on paediatric palliative care services offered by Lady Cilento Children's Hospital visit the Children's Health Queensland Palliative Care website.
Palliative Care eReferral templates
GPs can download the latest palliative care eReferral templates for the Metro North Brisbane from our Hospital eReferrals page. These templates are compatitble with medical software.
Organisations that do not have medical software can use the following:
- Specialist Palliative Care Referral
- Funding Equipment Application
- Hoist Form
- Oxygen Funding Application Form
Palliative care news
- PHN palliative care webpage
- Palliative Care Resources Launched For GPs In North Brisbane And Moreton Bay - News, 6 April 2017
- Advanced Care Planning Workshop North Lakes - Training event, 21 February 2017
- Experts Explore Palliative Care For People With Huntington’s - Partners in Health newsletter, June 2016
- Forum Helps Build Capacity For Community Palliative Care Services - Partners in Health newsletter, May 2016
- Community-Based Palliative Care Education For GPs And Paramedics - News, 1 May 2016