Suicide prevention services
- The Way Back Support Service - Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland
- Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people - Institute for Urban Indigenous Health [see Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people]
- Brisbane MIND Suicide Prevention Service [see Brisbane MIND section]
Introduction to the service provider
Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland (MIFQ) provides recovery-orientated support that promotes personal growth and encourages people to connect with their inner strengths and community supports.
Introduction to the service
Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland (MIFQ) is working with Brisbane North PHN, beyondblue and Redcliffe Hospital to develop and deliver a trial follow-up community-based suicide prevention service in the Redcliffe region. MIFQ is working in partnership with beyondblue to implement The Way Back Support Service, a beyondblue initiative providing non clinical follow-up care and support. Clinical support will also be available at this site to meet an identified gap in the Redcliffe community.
This new trial service integrates, complements and works collaboratively with the Redcliffe Hospital to improve the immediacy of follow-up response for individuals who have recently attempted suicide. Services focus on the delivery of a wrap-around support service.
- who have presented to Redcliffe Hospital following a suicide attempt and have been referred by the Redcliffe-Caboolture Acute Care Team (RCACT) or the Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS)
- who have been admitted to Redcliffe Hospital as an inpatient following a suicide attempt and are scheduled to be discharged from Redcliffe Hospital. Referral will be via the Consultant Psychiatrist Liaison Team (CL Team).
t 07 3358 4424
Please call to be connected to The Way Back referral line.
Suicide prevention services guide - A guide to community-based suicide prevention services in North Brisbane and Moreton Bay
CLICK HERE to view the online version of the guide (version 1.0 December 2017)
In this section
- Aged and Community Care
- Health Workforce Innovations
- Mental Health Services
- Palliative Care
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Service Navigator
- Team Care Coordination
- Closing the Gap
- Health Data
- Local Positions Vacant
- Multicultural health
- National Disability Insurance Scheme