Brisbane MIND4KiDS (0 - 11 years)
Brisbane MIND4KiDS is part of Brisbane North PHN's Brisbane MIND (Access to Allied Psychological Services) program.
Brisbane MIND4KiDS provides brief psychological intervention to children (up to 11 years of age) and their families. Brisbane MIND4KiDS is designed to support families and children who are considered to be vulnerable and disadvantaged and who otherwise would not have access to psychological support.
Changes to Brisbane MIND and Brisbane MIND4KiDS referrals February – June 2018
- Brisbane MIND can only receive suicide prevention referrals for people living in the Moreton Bay local government region who meet the full eligibility criteria for the Brisbane Mind Program The number of referrals available will be capped at two (2) per GP. (calculated from 1st January 2018)
- No further general Brisbane MIND referrals will be available across the PHN region during this period.
- The number of referrals available for Brisbane MIND4KiDS will be capped at one (1) per GP across the PHN region. (calculated from 1st January 2018)
- All clients currently receiving a Brisbane MIND or Brisbane MIND4KiDS service will continue to do so, up to a maximum limit of 12 sessions for general referrals and unlimited within two (2) months for suicide referrals.
Eligibility for Brisbane MIND4KiDS
- A child under 12 years of age who has, or at risk of developing a mild to moderate mental, childhood behavioural or emotional disorder (ie. child does NOT need to have diagnosis to access this service);
- A vulnerable child, who is unable to access other services;
- A child who will benefit from short term psychological intervention; and
- A child who has a Child Treatment Plan (or Mental Health Treatment Plan) completed by their referring GP.
- Developmental and learning disorders (including ASD conditions); and
- The child has already been referred/accessing treatment under the Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative (Medicare Australia) in the current calendar year.
Number of Sessions (per calendar year):
- 1-6 initial sessions
- An additional 1-6 sessions following review by the referring GP
- Please note family therapy and parenting skills are able to be delivered under a child’s referral to Brisbane MIND4KiDS, where clinically appropriate.
Brisbane MIND4KiDS Referral Templates
Brisbane MIND4KiDS referral templates can be downloaded below:
Importing instructions for medical software (PDF - 612 KB)
Brisbane MIND4KiDS Providers
The following providers are contracted to deliver Brisbane MIND4KiDS:
- Anita Trendle Psychology (Services provided in Caboolture, including outreach services to Bribie Island, Wamuran, Woodford and Kilcoy)
- All About Kids (Services provided in Nundah, Pine Rivers and surrounds)
- Young Minds (Services provided in Stafford, The Gap, Redcliffe Peninsula and Deception Bay)
Specialist trauma informed service providers:
Contact the Brisbane MIND Team at Brisbane North PHN
Phone: 07 3630 7339
Fax: 07 3630 7839
In this section
- Aged and Community Care
- Health Workforce Innovations
- Mental Health Services
- Palliative Care
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Service Navigator
- Team Care Coordination
- Closing the Gap
- Health Data
- Local Positions Vacant
- Multicultural health
- National Disability Insurance Scheme