Mental Health Services
The PHN has commissioned an expanded range of mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and other drug treatment services in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region.
Now on the ground in our region, these services are delivered across areas including:
- low intensity mental health services
- youth mental health services
- Brisbane MIND services
- severe and complex mental illness (mental health nursing services)
- psychosocial disability (Partners in Recovery)
- suicide prevention
- alcohol and other drug treatment services
- integrated mental healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
View more informaton about each area using the links above, or download the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay mental health, suicide prevention and alcohol and other drug services magazine, which covers services commissioned by Brisbane North PHN 2017–2018.
Referring to these services
GPs will be able to access these services for their patients via a new Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool in Best Practice and Medical Director practice software.
- Download the Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool Fact Sheet: Access a greater range of services with Brisbane MIND Plus (PDF)
Get support with installing Brisbane MIND Plus
There are three options for installing the Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool:
- Self installation using the Brisbane MIND Plus referral tool installation instructions (coming soon)
- Remote installation by our software vendor, Redbourne. Arrange installation by phoning 1800 783 336 or sending an email to email@example.com
- Supported installation via your Primary Care Liaison Officer.
If you are a provider of a Brisbane North PHN commissioned mental health, suicide prevention or alcohol and other drugs treatment service, you will be interacting with our new software platform, RediCASE.
Visit our Information for commissioned service providers page for information and resources to support your work.
Recovery: Mental health, alcohol and other drugs news from your PHN
To hear more about the PHN's work in this area, join the mailing list for mental health and alcohol and other drugs news from Brisbane North PHN.
Subscribe to receive Recovery: Mental health and alcohol and other drugs news from your PHN.
- Issue 1: August 2016 ( Download PDF - 1MB)
- Issue 2: March 2017 (Download PDF - 474KB)
- Issue 3: April 2017 (Download PDF - 6MB)
- August 2017 (View Online | Download PDF -6MB)
Other services and information
1300 MHCALL (1300 64 2255) - Your first point of contact for Metro North Mental Health, providing support, information and referral.
My Mental Health - For information about mental health services in the North Brisbane and Moreton Bay region.
The Mental Health Act commenced in March 2017. The Mental Health Act is a major step forward for patient rights, strengthens the role of family and support persons, and better aligns the legislation with good clinical practice.
One of the key reforms to the Act is the introduction of capacity-based treatment criteria, so that people with a mental illness will be entitled to
Information on the Mental Health Act 2016 and all the supporting documentation designed to assist with the implementation of this legislation can be accessed on the following website: www.health.qld.gov.au/mental-healthact/.
In this section
- Community Care
- Health Workforce Innovations
- Mental Health Services
- Palliative Care
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Service Navigator
- Team Care Coordination
- Closing the Gap
- Health Data
- Local Positions Vacant