Increasing immunisation coverage is a national priority for PHNs, and we work closely with primary healthcare providers to maintain and increase immunisation coverage across the region.
Medical Mums immunisation campaign
Brisbane North PHN’s annual Medical Mums immunisation campaign features local GPs and other health professionals talking about why they immunise their own children.
GPs can download a patient education resource from the Medical Mums website. The resource explains that a healthy lifestyle and good hygiene are not enough to protect against diseases like measles, whooping cough and diphtheria.
For more information visit www.medicalmums.com.au.
Resources for immunisation providers
- Vaccine Management Plan template
Providers who order Queensland Health funded vaccines, as part of the Queensland Immunisation Program, are required to operate under a documented Vaccine Management Plan.
This plan must be based on the Department of Health Strive for 5 guidelines for national vaccine storage. To assist practices with meeting this requirement, the Metro North Public Health Unit (MNPHU) has developed a Vaccine Management Plan template (Word Doc 105.4KB) (2018).
For further information, please contact MNPHU on 07 3624 1111.
- Immunisation records and data explained
Immunisation records and data explained: a guide for immunisation providers (2nd edition, April 2017) – Queensland Health has been written for immunisation providers in Queensland and can be used for:
- training new staff or updating current staff
- answering questions about immunisation record keeping
- troubleshooting immunisation data issues.
- Instructional videos for the Australian Immunisation Register
A series of training videos has been developed to help Queensland GPs and their practice staff understand how to use the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
- How to request access to AIR
- How to log into AIR
- How to use the secure email
- How to find and interpret immunisation records
- How to record and update immunisation encounters for individuals under 20 years
- How to record and update immunisation encounters for individuals above 20 years
- How to lodge a medical exemption/natural immunity form
- How to interpret and enter overseas immunisation information
- How to request reports
- How to reconcile your immunisation data with AIR.
- Useful immunisation resources and links
- The Australian Immunisation Handbook – Department of Health
- Australian Immunisation Register – Department of Human Services
- Communicable Disease Control Guidance – Queensland Health
- Immunisation Coalition
- Immunisation Contacts – Queensland Health
- Immunise Australia Program – Department of Health
- National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS)
- National Immunisation Program Schedule (NIP) – Department of Health
- Pre-vaccination checklist for Zostavax (DOCX) - Department of Health (for providers to consider before vaccinating a patient with Zostavax)
- Immunisation updates
Funded influenza vaccine for children aged 6 months to less than 5 years (January 2018) - Queensland Health
Immunisation program updates – Queensland Health (latest national and Queensland immunisation news, including updates about current campaigns)
In this section
- Aged and Community Care
- Closing the Gap
- Digital Health
- Health Workforce Innovations
- Local Positions Vacant
- Mental Health Services
- Multicultural health
- My Health for Life
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Palliative Care
- Pathways Program
- Referral and Patient Management
- Team Care Coordination