By choosing to vaccinate, you’re choosing a healthier future for your children.
Immunisation is a safe and effective way of protecting children and the community against serious diseases such as whooping cough and measles. It uses the body’s natural defences to build resistance to specific infections, helping to keep children healthy and eliminate serious infections.
The immunisation program provides protection against 13 diseases through a series of injections over the course of four years. If you skip or delay vaccinations, your child could be vulnerable to disease.
To start or continue your child’s vaccination schedule, talk to your doctor. Vaccinations are provided for free at your doctor's practice, immunisation clinics or through local council initiatives.
For more information about immunisation schedules and to get the facts on vaccinations, click on the links below.
Get the Facts
- Brisbane North PHN's community education campaign - Medical Mums
- Brisbane North PHN vaccination resource (PDF - 433KB)
- Immunise Australia - information for health professionals
- Immunise Australia - information for families and individuals
- What’s Your Date to Vaccinate?
- Brisbane City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council